- On February 27, 2014
For those of us that live on the west coast, we’ve had one of our warmest winters ever and we know that we are extremely fortunate. Now that it is almost March, many swimming pool owners begin thinking about relaxing dips in the pool, BBQ’s and warmer temperatures. The popular question that gets asked a lot is, “should I start doing something with my swimming pool to get prepared for swim season?” The answer to that question is yes and on the west coast, it’s not too big of a hassle because it’s not necessary to winterize our pools.
First and foremost, we recommend hiring a reputable swimming pool company to come in and do a thorough inspection of the swimming pool. It should include the following steps:
- Check the swimming pool for leaks (this is big because of our severe drought situation in California)
- Check all the equipment and plumbing for leaks (even minor leaks can cause problems later on)
- Make sure all filters, pumps, and motors are working correctly
- Check water chemistry for optimal chlorine, pH, calcium hardness and phosphate levels
- Look into hiring a swimming pool company that can service your pool weekly so you can enjoy it without any hassles.
Pool Services Technologies prides itself on providing all the services you would need to maintain a perfect pool. We feel confident that whenever there is a problem we will always have the answer. We strive to have the best customer service, the lowest prices for swimming pool supplies and equipment on our eCommerce site. We also started offering weekly service and maintenance last year which can make your job of owning a pool a lot easier. Finally, we also offer our “puripool” process which will save you time and money as well as allow you to swim in the best quality of water.